Thursday 17 July 2014

High Park Cherry Blossoms

One of my favourite times to be in the west end of Toronto is late spring.  That's because every year in May, the High Park cherry blossom trees spring to life.  The Sakura trees were given to Toronto on behalf of the Japanese, for Toronto's support during World War Two.  The short-lived flowering season brings many people to the park, myself included!  I was able to visit twice this year, when the buds were just popping up, and then later when the trees were in full bloom.  Here are some of my favourite shots:











View more photos at Superflash Photography on Facebook.
And here are some of my previous years' photographs of the cherry blossoms in High Park: 20122010.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Share this